Vacancy announcement for the position of Rector of the University of Algarve
1. The University of Algarve formally announces the opening of a candidacy period for the position of Rector.
2. The Rector, the superior organ of government and the external representation of the University, is elected by the General Council for a four-year term to exercise functions in an exclusive dedication regime.
3. Professors and researchers who are not subject to any ineligibility or incompatibility by law, from the University of Algarve or professors and researchers from other national or foreign university teaching or research institutions, may apply for the position of Rector.
4. The Rector must be an individual with unquestionable academic prestige, must have experience in managing higher education or research institutions, and hold a strategic vision that is appropriate to the pursuit of a development policy of the University of Algarve, in accordance with the principles and values established in the University’s statutes. In addition, the candidate for the Rector position must have the necessary skills in Portuguese to carry out the duties required for the position.
5. Applications should be addressed in Portuguese to the President of the Electoral Commission and sent between August 18 and September 28, 2021, to Universidade do Algarve-Conselho Geral, Campus de Gambelas –Edf. 5, 8005-139 Faro, or via e-mail to email@example.com. Applications must be signed and include the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae, as well as the proposed program of action. In addition, candidates should also include a pledge of honour, stating that they are not covered by any of the ineligibility or incompatibility situations stipulated by law or the Rector electoral regulation.
6. According to the Legal Regime of Higher Education Institutions and the Statutes of the University, the functions of the Rector, the eligibility conditions and the regulation governing the election by the General Council are available at www.ualg.pt.
University of Algarve,
The President of the General Council
Documents for Election of Rector