Conditions of access
a) Holders of a MSc degree or equivalente;
b) Holders of a BSc degree as long as this is supported by a relevant academic or scientific backgound/track-record and that can be acknowledged by the Scientific Council of the FCT as adequate for developing a PhD research project;
c) Holders of a academic, scientific and/or professional track-record that can be acknowledged by the Scientific Council of the FCT as adequate for developing a PhD research project;
The acknowledgement referred to in b) and c) can only be used to allow the access to the PhD degree and will not allow a formal, or any other, recognition of equivalence to a PhD, MSc or BSc degree.
Criteria for selection of the candidates
Ranking criteria for the applicants under a) and b) will be as follows:
1. Adequateness of the previous academic degree and related to the academic background on the areas to apply: 50 %.
2. The final grade of a 3-year BSc degree post-Bologne (3 years degree) and MSc or a 5-year BSc degree (pre-Bologne): 30%.
3. Professional experience related to the PhD topic/area: 20%.
Applicants under c) will be ranked taking into consideration their professional experience related to the PhD topic. This might be complemented with and interview that will contribute up to 40% to the final grade. In this situation, the contribution of the criteria 1) and 2) will correspond to the difference to 100 %, taking int consideration the contribution of the interview.
The application must include the following documents:
- Motivation letter;
- A formal certification of the academic degree(s)
- Work plan;
- Supporting letter of the supervisor(s);
- Identity card or passport;
- A receipt confirming the payment of the application fee (110 Euros).
- Indication of the branch and/or speciality of the PhD, if applicable.