In addition, it has facilities and human and material resources which increase the value for the student, such as a scientific diving center, an experimental marine oIrganism laboratory (LEOA) and field station (Ramalhete Station), as well as nearby natural resources: Ria Formosa, Guadiana Estuary, sandy and rocky coasts, namely on the Vicentine Coast.
This MSc programme also benefits from its sharing of course units and interaction with other international master's programs and scientific research in the area of biology and marine sciences associated with research centers with excellent indicators of scientific production and projects in the area of Marine Biology, namely the Center for Marine Sciences (CCMAR), which has been rated as EXCELLENT in the latest assessment by the Foundation for Science and Technology, a major Portuguese funding body. There is also a second research center, Center for Marine and Environmental Research (CIMA), which has complementary resources of excellence, particularly in terms of Ecotoxicology and Coastal Dynamics.
- Promote multidisciplinary advanced training in Marine Biology
- Providing skills for the analysis and understanding of marine biodiversity, from genes to ecosystems, their functioning and diversity
- To develop innovative applications for the management, conservation and exploitation of marine ecosystems
Tuition and Fees 2022/2023
National Students: 1100 Euros
International Students*: 4000 Euros
Application Fee: 50 Euros
Registration Fee and School Insurance: 175 Euros
Note: The tuition of this course can be paid in 10 installments, being the first at the time of registration and the remaining in the months of October, November, December, January, February, March, April, May and June.
* in accordance with Decree-Law No. 36/2014, changed by Decree-Law No.62/2018, of 6th August, international students are nationals of a country which is not a Member State of the European Union and are not a legally resident in Portugal for more than 2 uninterrupted years by 1st of January of the enrolment year
Technical, scientific and academic careers in:
- Marine conservation, fisheries resources use and management, marine biotechnology
- Impact studies and monitoring of marine ecosystems
- Marine ecosystems management
- Marine biotecnological innovation
- Marine natural products
- Marine ecotourism
- Marine environmental education
This is an essential training component towards a higher degree (PhD).